Sunday, March 15, 2009

Breezy romp at EE Wilson

After checking out the radar and making a good guess, we headed up to EE Wilson for a breezy walk between bands of rain. Our timing was excellent: the wind died down, the sun peeped out, and we got a full 4.0 mile walk in before the rain started back up.

There were lots of frogs croaking the marshy spots along with singing Red-winged Blackbirds. Tons of robins were gobbling up the zillions of earthworms that have been driven up out of the ground after all the rain we've been having.

My mileage goal for this week (that is, the past seven days) was 11 miles. I bested it by a little: 12.5 miles for the week. For next week, I'm aiming for 13 miles total with a five miler in there somewhere.

Please don't forget to keep me in your prayers. Will you consider donating to help me walk the 3 Day in September? Just click on the big pink badge to the right. Any amount is greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment