Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday Hike at Sulphur Creek

I was out of town for most of last week; my dogs and beloved stayed home while I went off for a writing retreat. When I got back, I was greeted by a happy man and two very ecstatic dogs. This afternoon, the whole family went out for a nice solid hike on a route that is rapidly turning into one of our favorites.

When arrived at the parking spot near the gate across FR72o, there were several cars already there. The sun was still shining but high thin clouds were starting to appear. By the end of our out-and-back walk, clouds were starting to filter out the sunshine.

Puppy was in an especially playful mood, locating someone's lost tennis ball, carrying up the hill, finally losing it somewhere on the way back. Big Dog was moving slower than usual but found plenty of energy to play with a Yellow Lab we met along the way as well as to race Puppy up the hill later on. It felt great to be out in the woods again, chatting with my husband, and enjoying the sheer joy that two happy, hiking dogs can feel.

On a training note, it's time to get serious about mileage. I'm aiming for a 24 week training period and will start building my base soon. My man scouted a ten mile long route this week (by car) that I'm looking forward to tackling in a few weeks.

Finally, please consider donating to help me walk the Breast Cancer 3 Day--just click here and make a small contribution that will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment