Saturday, December 27, 2008

Inspiration


I recently found Daytum and got hooked on the idea of keeping up with some of my personal informatics. I walk with the dogs practically every day. This made me wonder: how many miles do I log in a year? To find out, I requested a Daytum beta account and began mapping my routes using G-Maps Pedometer. And then I wanted to journal it all.

When the good folks at Daytum create a widget, I'll post it in my sidebar. It's just for fun, but I'd really like to see just how many miles I can do. I'm not setting a goal for mileage. The goal is the daily walk. But I'm curious.

In the meantime, I find myself in the mood for a longer hike today. The weather is pretty unsettled. A strong, steady breeze is tickling the branch tips around the house the morning. Temps are in the mid-40's which is practically balmy but up on the Saddle, it'll be colder and quite a bit windier. Given yesterday's weather map, I'm thinking there was some overnight snow on top of freezing rain. That doesn't sound pretty. Maybe a lower elevation route would suit me better.

No matter where I go, I've got a new toy to hike with today. I bought a nifty new hat from REI. Flaps for toasty ears. Cool LED light for evening hikes--no more feeling around in people's yards to find poop!

No comments:

Post a Comment