Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!













2009 was an awesome year for the Woman Who Walks with Dogs. Together, my dogs and I logged over 600 miles. I raised $3,000 for Susan G. Komen for the Cure. And in the 2009 3-Day in Seattle, I completed 48 of the 60 miles.

For 2010, I've set some ambitious goals:
  • Complete the Newport (Oregon) Marathon in June. My goal time = 6.5 hours (which would be a 4 mph pace).
  • Walk the Arizona 3-Day in November. My intention is to raise at least $3,000 for the fight against breast cancer and complete all 60 miles of the walk.
  • Log a total of 750 miles in 2010.
Today, we started the New Year with a splashy, rainy hike beginning at FR 800 (which I sometimes refer to as my Baker Creek route). This time, however, we took a left turn on an unmarked dirt track for a roughly 3 mile out and back). As we paralleled Baker Creek, the trail was running with water one to two inches deep (or more). Dogs loved splashing along and by then, my boots were already wet, so I soldiered along until the track dwindled to one of the many unsanctioned mountain bike trails that crisscross the forest here. Despite the conditions, it was a fun walk that felt like an excellent start for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment